Sunday, July 6, 2008

Stick's Picks


Audo: "Weezer (The Red Album)," by Weezer

The Stickness: Weezer is just one of those bands. You know what I'm talking about. They put out their first album and maybe the In Crowd loves them, or maybe your friends dig them, but all you can do is shrug your shoulders and say, "Meh." A while later the band puts out their second album. Again you say, "Meh." Maybe you don't shrug this time. And so it goes for a few more cycles until one day a new album is out by the aforementioned band and suddenly you say, "Now I get it," or maybe "Now they get it."

Weezer is just such a band for me, and I'm quite enjoying the new release from them. Not surprisingly to most, I like the more rockin' tunes on this album best, but it's all good stuff. Even the lyrics are very clever.

Video: Wallstrip.com

The Stickess: Think "The Daily Show with John Stuart," except that it's about the stock market and it's hosted by a cute chick.

Textuo: Tumblr.com

The Stickness: This isn't really a pick so much as it is a question. Tumblr is sort of like Twitter on steroids. I think the term the Tumblr folks use is "micro-blogging," So, my question is: would you actually use this sort of thing? I got a Twitter account just to see what the buzz was all about, and I barely ever think to check the Twitter feed, never mind actually use the thing. I can't imagine I'd do any better with Tumblr.

So these are my questions: Do you Twitter? Do you Tumbl? Would you Tumbl?

No comments: